Information we collect
- We collect information from you in a number of ways, for example when you:
- Make a donation
- Sign up to our campaign
- Sign up to stay updated
- Sign up to Volunteer
- We might collect your name, email, mobile number, phone number, city, state, pincode, country etc.
- Pragatee Foundation does not collect or record the user’s personal information unless he/she chooses to provide it.
Use of your personal information
We use the information you give us in the following ways:
- To keep an accurate record of all the donations received
- To update users about its happenings and developments through news & events letters, with an option of not to subscribe for the same
- To email you with news and information about Pragatee Foundation and our campaigns, but only if you have agreed to this.
- To make sure the user is receiving the most appropriate and relevant information
- To find out more about you and the people who are visiting our website, donating or joining our campaign.
Privacy of our email lists
Individuals who join our mailing lists via our website or through our campaigning engagements are added to our email database. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease the addresses on our lists to anyone.
Online Donation & Payment gateway Security
- We might collect your name, email, contact number, pan number and payment method when make a donation. We NEVER collect your credit card/debit card number or credit card / debit card expiry date or other details pertaining to your credit card / debit card on our website. Credit card / debit card information will be obtained and processed by our online payment partner
- We uses well-recognised and proven technology for payments. Payment information is transferred by the use of an SSL connection which offers the highest degree of security that the donor’s browser is able to support.
- Several layers of built-in security, including an advanced firewall system, encryption of credit card numbers, and use of passwords, protect the collected information.
- Cookies are pieces of electronic information, which will be sent by Pragatee Foundation when a user visits the website. These will be placed in the hard disk of the user’s computer and enable Pragatee Foundation to recognise the user when he/she visits the website again.
- The user can configure his/her browser so that it responds to cookies the way he/she deems fit. For example, you make want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. The users may check their browser’s settings to modify cookie behaviour as per individual behaviour.
External Web Services
- Pragatee Foundation uses a number of external web services on its site to display content within its web pages. For example, to display video it uses YouTube. As with the social media buttons, Pragatee Foundation cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on the user’s consumption of the content embedded on its site.
- Pragatee Foundation is not expressly or impliedly responsible for, or liable to any loss or damage caused to a user by the collection, use and retention of Personal Information by such website in any manner whatsoever. It is important that the users review the privacy policies of all websites they visit before disclosing any information to such websites.
- If you have any questions about this Policy or other privacy concerns, you can also email us at at: firstname.lastname@example.org